Table of Contents Hide
- Snapchat’s Chat
- How to use Snapchat’s Chat feature
- How to start a Chat on Snapchat
- Does snap score go up from chats
- How to chat with one of your friend in Snapchat
- How to start a group chat in Snapchat
- Do chats get deleted by Snap chat?
- Can I change when chats are deleted?
- What are other things that Snapchat deletes besides Chats?
- Is there a group chat on Snapchat?
- Can I send emoji in snapchat chats?
- Can someone message me on snapchat if I blocked them?
- What does gray arrow mean in chats?
- Can I give a nickname, just like in messenger, to my friend in Snapchat?
Nowadays, people opt to communicate with other people using online platforms. This is much easier and practical than loading up the cellular network of their phone.
It is a lot easier because most of the people have their own devices and SNS or social media accounts. These accounts on different online platforms make it easier to reach other people as the messages are conveyed in just one click.
Messaging people online has never been easier. Nowadays, we are given different platforms, software, or applications that we can use to connect with other people.
Below is the list of some of the applications that we can use to communicate with other people.
Surprisingly, Snapchat can be used to message other people as well. Originally, Snapchat is known to be used by people to share videos and pictures to other people who have the app just like Instagram.
Snapchat also has a messaging feature that we can use to send messages to our friends. This feature is called Snapchat’s Chat.
Facebook has Messenger that is used by users to message their friends and other people. Twitter does not only give the users the freedom to tweet everything they want, but also gives the user the ability to message other people privately.
Instagram has this feature as well called Direct Message. It is also like the Messenger of Facebook where users can privately message someone. Twitter and Instagram do not have a separate messaging app unlike Facebook.
Snapchat also has a messaging feature where users can send text messages to other people.
Chat is Snapchat’s instant messaging feature that allows for both private and public conversations. The messages, however, vanish when viewed.
You can talk with friends, read Snaps they’ve given you, change your friend list, and conduct audio and video calls on the Snapchat Chat Screen, which is where you will discover anything that has to do with your friends.
Besides sending text messages to your friends, you can also start a live video call, send snaps, and money.
How to Use Snapchat For Beginners #2 – Snapchat Chat Screen (Snapchat Tips and Tricks)
How to use Snapchat’s Chat feature
You may speak with friends individually or in a group setting using Snapchat’s Chat function. When you both exit a chat, messages for that chat instantly disappear.
Messages from group chats are likewise removed after 24 hours. Press and hold a message to save it if you don’t want it to disappear.
Keep in mind that since the background of the message will turn gray after you do this, other chat participants will be able to see that you have done so.
How to start a Chat on Snapchat
You may join an existing Chat or create a new one with your friends. To create a fresh Chat follow the steps below.
- From the Camera screen, swipe right to access the Chat screen.
- At the bottom, click the Chat icon.
- Find your friend, then tap their name.
- Click Chat
You can also rejoin an existing chat. To rejoin a Chat with a buddy you already have open, tap their name on the Chat screen.
So that nobody is left out, you may also chat with groups. Additionally, audio and video calls may be placed right from a chat!
To observe the dialogue between two friends, swipe in from the edge of the Chat screen on their message.
Does snap score go up from chats
Snap score, sometimes known as Snapchat score, is the sum or result of your activity on Snapchat. They increase based on what you do with the app.
However, the Snapchat app does not count texts that are sent through it. A point may also be earned for sending or receiving a Snap, although only one point could be earned for sending a message alone.
Based on Snapchat, the snap score number will only increase based on the following factors below
- The quantity of photos you send
- The quantity of photos you get
- The snaps you posts
How to chat with one of your friend in Snapchat
You may start a discussion with your friend by tapping their name on the chat screen or by selecting them by tapping the blue symbol in the bottom right corner.
How to start a group chat in Snapchat
To start a group conversation with several people, press the blue symbol in the bottom right corner, choose who you want to include, and then tap Chat.
Do chats get deleted by Snap chat?
Yes, Snapchat’s specialty is deleting some of the things sent on Snapchat like Chats. This implies that the majority of messages submitted using Snapchat will be destroyed automatically after being seen or beyond their expiration date.
Chats in one-on-one interactions are programmed to disappear 24 hours after you’ve watched them.
Can I change when chats are deleted?
Yes, you may configure Chats to delete them immediately after viewing.
- Swipe right to access the Chat screen.
- Hold down the name of your friend.
- Tap More
- Select Delete Chats
- Tap After seeing or 24 hours after viewing, as appropriate.
What are other things that Snapchat deletes besides Chats?
Other than Chats, Snapchat also deletes other things – Snaps, My Story, Shared Stories, and Memories.
- After each Snap has been read by every receiver, all of the Snaps are instantly deleted by Snapchat servers. Unopened one-on-one Snaps are automatically deleted by Snapchat servers after 31 days. Unopened Snaps posted to a group conversation after seven days are automatically deleted by Snapchat servers. 24 hours after you submit a Snap to your Story, Snapchat servers are set up to automatically remove it. A Snap from My Story may always be removed.
- Shared Stories.24 hours after you post a Snap to a Shared Story, Snapchat servers are programmed to remove it automatically.
- You can always revisit the Snaps and Stories by accessing the Memories. Snapchat always backs up your Memories on the app.
Is there a group chat on Snapchat?
Yes, you can start a group chat on Snapchat to talk with a lot of people in one single chat. Tap the conversation button at the bottom of the chat screen to start a group chat, then choose your chat partners.
Can I send emoji in snapchat chats?
Yes, you can send emojis in Snapchat’s chats, especially the Bitmoji. Bitmoji is an app that allows users to create unique, personalized emoji avatars of themselves.
Bitmoji uses AR-based lenses to create the emoji. Additionally, there is what we call friendmoji, which is an emoji of both of you and your friend.
Once your Bitmoji app is connected to Snapchat, you can give your friends personalized emojis in chat and overlay messages with them like Snapchat’s other stickers and regular emojis.
Can someone message me on snapchat if I blocked them?
No, when someone is blocked, they can no longer view your stories and can no longer send you any snaps.
Their messages would not be sent if they have been blocked. They will instead get the message “Failed to send – Tap to try again.”
What does gray arrow mean in chats?
Occasionally, when sending someone a snap you will often see a gray arrow. This is, to put it simply, the pending arrow.
This indicates that you have sent a picture or a video to someone who has not yet accepted your friend request, if you see it. Alternatively, the request may have run out of time or been turned down. They haven’t seen the picture, in any case.
Other colors of arrows that you may encounter are red, purple, or blue arrows will often display beneath the recipient’s name when you send them a snap.
Can I give a nickname, just like in messenger, to my friend in Snapchat?
Yes, you can change the name of your friend on Snapchat. Follow the steps below to change your friend’s display name.
- Simply scroll down or tap the Snapchat symbol up top.
- Tap My Friends
- To alter a friend’s name, tap on it.
- To the right of their name, tap the settings icon that displays.
- In the popup menu, select Edit Name.
- Enter the name you want to be used when you speak with this individual.
- Click Save.