Android and iOS devices have this special feature where they can pinpoint where you are using the GPS or Global Positioning System on your phone. It is called Location, and once turned on, it can give you even the exact weather condition of your place.
Listed below are the features of the Location on your phone.
- Locations Accuracy: gives apps to access your location or position. Apps like Google Maps can suggest that something is close or nearby like a restaurant, convenience store, or a gas station.
- Location History: keeps of where you have been, and the addresses you have typed.
- Location Sharing: simple as its name. It is all about sharing your location with other people to let them see you in real-time.
You can also disable these features anytime you want and just let the Location feature be used when you want to locate your phone. The Location feature is very convenient when you lost your phone or your phone got stolen.
Here’s how to locate your lost phone. Just follow the steps below.
How to Find a Lost or Stolen Android Phone
- Go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google Account.
- On the map, you’ll get info about where the phone is.
- Pick what you want to do. If needed, first click Enable lock & erase
- Other options are Play sound, Secure device, Erase device
- Go to https://www.icloud.com/find and type in your Apple ID
- Click All Devices
- Click the entry for your iPhone
- See on the map where your phone is
To be able to do all of this, you have to turn on the location of your device prior to it being lost. Once you have your phone in your hand, you can opt to open the locations in case you will lose it.
So how do you open the location services on your specific devices? Listed below are the step-by-step instructions on how to turn on your location.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch and hold the Location icon
- If you don’t find the Location icon, tap Edit or Settings or Drag Location Services into your Quick Settings.
- Go to your phone’s settings
- Tap Privacy, then Location Services
- Make sure that Location Services is on.
- Scroll down to find the app.
- Tap the app and select one from the four options
You can always turn off your Location Services anytime you want. So what if you want to locate someone or someone’s phone, how would you know if the location was turned off?
How Do You Know if Someone Turned off Their Location?
No one will be notified if someone turned off their location services. The features that come along with location services will be unavailable.
If you are trying to locate someone’s position on your iOS device, but the location services are turned off, it will indicate that the Location is Not Shared.
This can also mean that the location will not be shared with any apps or services that want to access their location.
If the device itself is turned off, it will be indicated as a Location Not Available. This is also applicable when your phone is on airplane mode.
Can someone track my location with my phone number?
Yes, someone can easily track you using your phone number.
Can someone tell if I check their location on Iphone?
No, there is no feature that allows the users to get notified if someone is locating or tracking them.
Should location services be on all the time?
This is purely up to your own preferences. If you’re anxious that you might lose your phone, it would be practical for you to open the location services.
But if you do not want to use location services and their other features, it might be best for you to just leave the location services turned off.
How do I know if someone is tracking my location?
There is no exact way to know if someone is tracking you since there is no feature that allows people to get notified when they are being tracked.
How can I prevent my phone from being tracked?
Listed below are the tips on how not to get tracked
- Turn off Location Services
- Use Airplane Mode
- Turn off the phone and remove the battery
Can someone track your location from a text?
Basically, any can be tracked using a lot of things, even with just a simple text.
Can you remotely turn on location services?
No, you cannot turn on the location services remotely.
Can you track non GPS phones?
You can track these phones using Google Latitude.