Do you want to delete your old Instagram account, but you forgot your password or email? Don’t worry because you can delete it even if you’re locked out of your Instagram account, but you must follow these instructions.
Steps To Help You Delete Your Instagram Without A Password Or Email
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPnRpt6Ot3I” width=”300″ height=”200″]
So you can’t remember your password or email address, and your Instagram account isn’t linked to Facebook.
Follow the steps below to delete your account on Instagram without needing any of those.
- On your smartphone, open Instagram.
- On the login screen, click the “lost password” tab.
- Select “Phone” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your phone number and country code.
- Select the “Send Login Link” option.
- In your phone’s messages inbox, select the login link.
- You’ll be taken to the Instagram app, where you may create and confirm a new password.
You must access your account via the internet. Here’s what you should do once you’ve logged into your Instagram account:
- To delete your account, go to “Delete Your Account Page.”
- You must choose one of the alternatives from the drop-down box next to the query, “Why are you canceling your account.”
- A “Permanently Delete My Account” tab will display once you’ve chosen a reason. Select it, and your account will be successfully deleted.
How To Delete An Instagram Account Without A Mobile Phone
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbSx2609N8″ width=”300″ height=”200″]
To remove your Instagram account from your laptop:
- Login with the email address and password you used to create your Instagram account.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner to access the drop-down menu.
- Select “Settings” and then “Delete my account.”
After that, you’ll be asked to provide a reason for canceling your account and given the option to change your password before confirming your decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take before Instagram deletes my account?
According to Instagram, entirely deleting your account can take up to 90 days, which means Instagram may still keep some information about your account on its servers.
Instagram’s Data Policy, on the other hand, indicates that the firm may keep information about your account for longer than 90 days.
Will an inactive Instagram account be deleted?
Instagram has rigorous regulations regarding accounts that have been dormant for over six months. This means that if you don’t make any posts for six months, your account will be deleted.
Can I find out who reported me on Instagram?
This is a no-answer question. Instagram does not reveal the person’s identity who reported a user’s account.
What is needed to remove a fake account on Instagram?
You must prove that the account is fake to have it removed. This can be accomplished by supplying a screenshot of the account owner’s personal information, including their address and phone number.
How can I remove my Instagram account on Chrome?
You can delete your Instagram account by going to the settings and clicking “Delete Account” or by logging out and back in with a different password. This will result in the notification, “Your account has been deleted.”
Can a fake Instagram account be traced?
Yes, but it is time-consuming. Instagram posts leave behind metadata that can be used to track down the account’s origin.
Unlike Facebook, Instagram posts are only accessible to the individuals you share them with. They’re public, and anyone may see them on the internet.
Can spam messages get my Instagram account deleted?
Yes, but Instagram won’t delete your account unless there is a lot of spam.
How do I use the Instagram help center?
You can use Instagram’s support desk to help you delete your account. Go to your browser and go to the Instagram customer service page.
To remove your account, just follow the on-screen instructions.
How do you remove an Instagram account on a Mac?
The process is just the same as deleting on Windows or Mobile. You must first sign in to your Instagram account on a Mac before deleting it.
After you’ve logged in, go to “Settings” and then “Delete Account,” where you’ll be asked to provide your password before proceeding.