Table of Contents Hide
- Hiding Mutual Friends on Instagram?
- How to know who stalks my Instagram account?
- Can I see if someone recently followed an account?
- Can I send a direct message to a private account?
- How can I make my account private?
- Are Instagram followers listed in order?
- How to see followers requests on Instagram?
- Can I cancel a follow request on Instagram?
- Will the user be able to see the notification that I sent a follow request even if I cancelled it?
Mutual friends are accounts or users on Instagram that both other two users are friends with. They both follow this Instagram account.
Instagram has this feature where you can see if a user you are following is following a certain account. There are two ways you can see the mutuals on Instagram.
Follow the steps below.
- Open your Instagram app
- Head over the user account you want to see your mutuals with
- Right away you can see the mutual accounts who are following a certain account
- Below the bio or the name of the account, there will be Followed by plus the usernames of the mutual accounts
- You can also view this list by either clicking the Followers or Following
- Beside the Followers tab, tap the Mutual tab
How to See Mutual Followers on Instagram
But can you hide this list to other users on Instagram?
Hiding Mutual Friends on Instagram?
Just like the followers and following list, mutual friends list cannot be hidden as well. Unfortunately, Instagram does not have this option.
Even if you change your account to Private account, you can still see the mutuals on the profile. On the user’s profile Followed by will still be visible and clickable but the followers and following list will no longer be clickable unless you follow them.
How to know who stalks my Instagram account?
Instagram does not give you an option to know if an account have stalk your account unless they have interacted with your post by liking or commenting on it
Can I see if someone recently followed an account?
There is no option to see if someone has followed an account recently. Unless you have stalked an account before and know their followers, you can probably tell if they have followed a new account.
Can I send a direct message to a private account?
Yes, you can send a direct message to a private account. Follow these steps below.
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to the user’s profile
- On the upper right corner of the app, tap the three-dot button
- Tap Send a message
You can now send a message to a private account but you will not see if they have seen or read your message. It will be labeled as a message request.
If they accepted this request, that is the only time you will see if they have read your message.
Will I earn a plaque or badge if I reach a certain number of followers on Instagram just like on Youtube?
In youtube, if you reach a certain number of subscribers you will receive a plaque. However, this is different on Instagram.
Instagram does not have any plaque when you reach a certain number of followers but you may be able to use the Instagram’s Badge feature if you reach 10,000 followers.
Going live with these badges and letting viewers buy these badges, can support you financially. You can also identify your big supporters this way.
How can I make my account private?
There are two types of account privacy on Instagram, public and private. Public accounts are open to all instagram accounts for them to view the account and its contents like posts and stories.
On the other hand, private accounts’ contents are only visible to their approved followers. If you want more privacy and only want certain people to view your account, follow these steps below to change your account privacy.
Smartphone (Android iPhone)
- Tap the Profile icon on your Instagram app
- Tap the three-line button on the upper right corner
- Tap Settings, then tap Privacy
- Tap next to Private Account to make your account private
- Go to instagram.com
- Click your profile picture and then click settings
- Click Privacy and Security.
- Below Account Privacy, click to check the box next to Private Account
Are Instagram followers listed in order?
Instagram followers are listed chronologically from the oldest follower to the recent follower. So accounts who have followed you recently will be at the top of the list.
How to see followers requests on Instagram?
Open your Instagram app and click the Heart button on the bottom part of the app. Tap the Follow request at the top to see the accounts that have sent a request to follow you.
Can I cancel a follow request on Instagram?
Just go to their user profile again and click the Requested button to cancel the request.
Will the user be able to see the notification that I sent a follow request even if I cancelled it?
The notification will vanish once you cancel the request. But there could be a chance that they can see it if they are online