Table of Contents Hide
- Use an IR Extension Cable to Control a Home Theater
- Ways to Connect Speakers to Xbox One
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
IR Output is a function on Xbox One that lets users operate their devices via an infrared remote. Xbox One includes this function to allow users to control devices, such as home theater systems, through infrared (IR) signals or transmitters.
This is also the same technology that is utilized in remote controls.
Additionally, if you’re having difficulties managing your home theater from your Xbox One, an IR extension cable can help. The cable will let you send infrared signals directly to your devices, even if they are far from your Xbox.
Use an IR Extension Cable to Control a Home Theater
An infrared (IR) extension cable can help you if you’re having trouble controlling your devices, like home theater, from Xbox One, or if you’re not using a Kinect sensor. The IR extension cable can transmit the infrared signal directly to your home devices. You can use this when:
- You don’t have a Kinect sensor plugged in
- HDMI device control is not available
- Your device is placed inside a cabinet or blocked
- Your device is getting a lot of direct sunlight in your space
Accordingly, any IR extension cable can work with your Xbox One as long as it fits the following conditions:
- It connects using a 3.5 mm jack, similar to the headphones
- Has three or fewer emitters
- An IR transmitter, not a receiver
- The 3.5mm connector only has two conductors
Ways to Connect Speakers to Xbox One
If you want to use speakers as you use your Xbox One to elevate your setups, here are a few ways how:
- Use an optical cable or sometimes called “toslink.” Plugged one of the ends in the optical port on your speaker and the other on your Xbox One.
- Simply plug one of the ends of the optical cable into the optical port on your tv and the other end on your Xbox One.
- Use an auxiliary cable with a 3.5 mm male-to-male jack, plug one end into your tv or monitor, and the other end into your speaker. You can also use your Bluetooth speaker as wired.
- Use an optical auxiliary adapter, but it needs its power connection to work. It comes with a USB cable which you can plug into the back of your Xbox One.
Then plug one end of the optical cable into the optical port and the other end into the Xbox One.
- Plug the end of an RCA cable into the auxiliary adapter and the other end into the speakers with RCA input ports.
The ways above also apply to 1st Gen Xbox One (Fat), Xbox One S, and Xbox One X. You should remember that it will depend on the ports available on your speaker, tv, or monitors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the Xbox One equipped with an audio output?
Yes, the Xbox One has an audio output. The optical out can connect to a sound system or television.
On Xbox One, where is the IR receiver?
The IR receiver is placed on the front of the Xbox One, left of the eject button.
Are Xbox One Controllers IR?
Xbox one controllers contain an infrared LED that automatically allows the Kinect sensor to recognize the player.
What is an IR port?
The IR port is a communication interface. It transmits data using infrared light.
This is commonly used in electronic devices, like televisions, to enable remote control.
What is an IR extension cable?
IR extension cable is a thin connector with an IR emitter(s). It enables you to send infrared signals to areas the Kinect sensor cannot reach.
How to install an IR extension cable?
You can install an IR extension cable by following the steps below:
- Connect the extension cable to the IR port located on the back of your Xbox One.
- Place the emitters near the device you want to control. These may be designed to fit beneath the equipment near the IR window, or they may be adhesive and adhere to the IR window.
- Test it to ensure that you can control the device. If needed, reposition the emitters.
What is S-PDIF Port on Xbox One?
The S-PDIF port is an optical audio output connector located at the back of the console. When connected to an appropriate receiver/soundbar, it uses light to transfer sound from the console.
Does Xbox One have an AUX port?
Xbox one doesn’t have an AUX port in the console, but it has an AUX port in the controllers.